- Riverside Park car park, Essendon, Victoria. Melway Map 28 B6.
- Enter carpark via roundabout at The Boulevard and Fawkner Street, Essendon.
- We meet at 9.00am.
- First Saturday of each month excluding December and January. See Dates.
Download the Let's Walk Australia flyer
- Meet at 9.00am
- Introductions and information
- 4.18km walk commences approximately 9.15am
- Complete walk at 10.30am approx
- BYO morning tea, chat, discussion and information 10.30-11-15am approx
Walking Route and Details
View Maribyrnong River Loop Walk, Essendon, Victoria in a larger map
The 4.18-kilometre Maribyrnong River Loop Walk is a scenic route that follows a well-maintained bitumen and concrete path on the north and south sides of the Maribyrnong River. The north side of the river walk is located in the City of Moonee Valley, and the south side of the river walk is located in the City of Maribyrnong. The route is wheelchair friendly and the grade of the walk is easy.
From the Riverside Park car park, we walk west along the shared foot and bicycle path until reaching the Afton Street Bridge. We cross the bridge over the Maribyrnong River and then walk in an easterly direction on the shared path, which runs parallel with Chifley Drive until it reaches the Anglers Tavern.
From the Anglers Tavern, we walk towards the Raleigh Street/Maribyrnong Road bridge and cross the Maribyrnong River.
Upon crossing the river, we rejoin the path and continue in a northerly direction past the Boathouse Cafe, the historic bluestone terrace and the Essendon Rowing Club. We then continue walking in a westerly direction past Aberfeldie Park and Poyntons Nursery until reaching the starting point at Riverside Park.
- Commences at 10.30-10.45am
- BYO Morning Tea
- Chat with fellow walkers and friends
- Free Parking
- Tables and chairs
- Covered eating areas
- Toilet with wheelchair access
- Water fountains
- Childrens Playground
- Electric BBQs