Let's Walk Australia is a walking initiative for Australians who have experienced a mental illness or want to help raise mental health awareness in the community.
Objectives include: improving fitness; improving self-esteem; improving confidence; overcoming social anxiety and isolation; reducing stigma.
Download the Let's Walk Australia flyer
The people who participate understand a range of mental illnesses that people encounter. Support and encouragement are key objectives throughout, and we conduct each walk in a friendly and relaxed social environment.
You are welcome to walk with us if you fit into any of the following categories:
- Personal experience of a mental illness
- Relative of someone with experience of a mental illness
- Friend of someone with experience of a mental illness
- Carer of someone with experience of a mental illness
- A person who wants to raise awareness of mental illness in the community
- Health professional
Come along for some exercise and a chat in a scenic location where people participate in a variety of recreational activities. You will meet new friends and enjoy morning tea.
You are encouraged to bring a friend and your camera. BYO morning tea.
If you don't know anyone who is attending a walk, you are welcome to call me, Darren Stones, on mobile 0419 200 469, and I will help you connect with people at our walks.